Thursday, February 12, 2009

This and that

I couldn't find pink chaddies (I like to think that this is due to the overwhelming demand) in my local shops. So I am sending out bad thoughts in the general direction of all those who think this is a lost cause or rather misplaced righteousness we are fighting for.
*****
I am impressed at the mileage the e-activism can garner, whether it will serve the purpose or not, we will have wait and see (ha ha that's a classic sign off line reporters use on tv...I never could say it on air)
*****
Maternity clothes are way too expensive. Most of them are not worth it. They are just milking (err pun unintended) the opportunity.
*****
Amma can't stop laughing at the thought of birthing classes. She thinks it is hilarious. Well what can I say?
*****
Why do planning holidays become such a tedium once you are grown up? I miss the days when one just got up in the morning, called a few friends, gathered them and took off trekking. One cannot not be worried about travel and acco I understand but the whole process of letting the whole world know we are taking off and explaining that one is going on a holiday and that holidays are normal is something I don't enjoy. It is a kill joy at times I tell you.
*****
There should really be a pill to cure "mood swings" especially those that don't occur due PMS or pregnancy hormones. It is most painful to be around such people.
*****
After interacting with Whizkid for almost a year, I finally met her. It was a great, we had a lot in common including Amitabh Bacchan. I am glad the effort I put in JF is paying off in more than one way :) And oh she gave me these lovely read leaves from Coorg and I am loving the idea of gifting such things to people.
*****
I have to write down my thoughts on the school I went to because suddenly they have woken up to the alumni and want to do a souvenir. And my instructions read "don't write with a typical critical eye of a journalist" Hmmm :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ram Sene is missing out on my pink chaddis too this time...though i've discovered a ridiculously high no. of them in my closet. Glad you liked the leaves. Not everyone appreciates such things... :)

I love Lucy said...

I was really disgusted by this whole Ram Sene attitude.To think that they would go to this extent and use V-Day as leverage to forward their own political agenda! Idiots.
And so it is out on the blog huh :) Many congratulations once again! Hope you are doing well!! :)

Abhipraya said...

ILL: Yes anything for a bit of mileage however shortlived. And thank you :) I am doing very well indeed :D

Abhipraya said...

Whizkid: I was inspired by those leaves I was looking for similar things in pondy recently :)