Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Long pending post...The women won't take it quietly!

I was to do this post last to last weekend but due to various technical problems I couldn't. Anyway here it is the pictures of the protest in front of the IGP's office in Bangalore about all the attacks on women in Bangalore. There was a good turn out. Media was present in full glory. The DG Mr Sharma promised action in five days, I am not sure what came of it. Will it have the desired results? I don't know. But it sure felt good to take some action. And I know I am not alone and I know I am demanding my basic rights to be restored and not some exotic thing that makes no sense (although a a friend of mine from the media who was covering the event was sure this was all a bloody farce since most of the women were wearing coolers and sipping coke while protesting!!!)

Here are some pictures from 7th March 2009




2 comments:

Sandhya Menon said...

what exactly is people's problem with women wearing shades and sipping coke? isn't that, after all, a part of my basic rights?

Abhipraya said...

Quill, basic rights are still roti kapda, makaan for women. We urban creatures have apparently lost sight of what's basic and what's not. Not very surprisingly lot of women seem to think so too.