Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Party time!

New Year! New Year! NewYear!
When I was a kid and heard all the hullabaloo about new year I used to get very excited. I didn't know what the big deal was about a new year but since all the grown ups were excited I thought it must be worth getting excited. But come Jan 1st morning and I'd be dissappointed cos it was the same as the previous day! No difference at all. Only I'd have to remember to change the year while writing my notes or homework. But other wise its the same. And as I grew older even that was not happening (Who writes notes in college and that too with dates!!!)
I remembered this as I was planning a party with a friend of mine to welcome the new year (which btw was a blast!). Just then I realised that it was just another excuse to celebrate freedom, friends and relations (with some rum of course).
I also realised that for the past 7 years I have celebrated my new year with V. From the awkward and apprehensive first new year party to absolutely sure and love filled moments - we have come a long way!
So here's to new year. Happy new year gals and guys happy new year :-)

No comments: